Let’s talk rally mods! If you own a KTM690 Enduro R and you want to adventurize it to be able to travel as well as get it ready for rally racing, you’ll need to make a few changes. For starters, you’ll need more space and mounts for your navigation equipment and better aerodynamics, and you’ll need products that are virtually indestructible – after all, if you’re going for adventure rides and rally races, your bike will suffer a lot of abuse.
So where do you begin?
If you’re mechanically minded and can do most of the mods yourself, go for it (and don’t forget to share your project on social media and tag @crosscountryadv – we love seeing what other riders and bike builders get up to!). If you’re unsure where to start, however, take a look at our KTM 690 Enduro rally kit. This kit is designed to give your bike a quick makeover making it suitable for both ADV and rally racing, and it’s dead-easy to install on your own.
In the video above, the bike was modified much more heavily, and you can certainly go down the road of a complete build, too. A good place to start, however, is this KTM 690 Enduro rally kit which will give you the very basics.
The kit was designed by Manuel Lucchese, a Dakar rider and expert rally bike builder obsessed with creating one-off rally replica bikes that last and look fantastic. Manuel created this kit from premium quality materials wanting better aerodynamics and a wide area for the navigation tower so riders can comfortably use tablets, smartphones, and GPS systems in addition to the roadbook navigation equipment.
The kit includes:
- KTM Factory Rally Replica Aerodynamics
- Plug&Play Nav Tower (No drill and No weld)
- Plug&Play Lights Wiring Harness
- Street Legal LED Hella Lights (High and Low Beam)
- CNC machined 7075 Aluminium Frame Clamp
- Injection moulded KTM Factory Rally Replica Full Fairing
- Fairing Quick Release Buckle System (Original DZUS)
- Fiberglass Side Fairing Panels to Match the OEM radiator shrouds
- Tower bracket for OEM Dashboard and indicators
- Rain Gear Bracket/Iritrack Bracket
- Choose either Adventure Bracket or Rally Race Roadbook Bracket
- Compatible mount for Garmin Montana, 276CX, Zumo XT, Trailtech Voyager Pro, Ram Mounts and more
- 6 way fuse box with error led indicators
- 2 USB Charging Ports
- Voltmeter Display
- 3 On/Off Instrument Switches with led indicator
- 2 Ram mount/GPS/Tablet Bracket (ADVENTURE VERSION)
If you’d like to take it a step further, you can also add:
- Adjustable Roadbook Holder Bracket (RALLY VERSION) – ADD ON OPTIONAL
- Tripmaster and Speedocap Brackets (RALLY VERSION) – ADD ON OPTIONAL
- GPS Antennas Bracket (RALLY VERSION) – ADD ON OPTIONAL
This KTM Enduro 690 kit has been tried and tested at the Merzouga Rally 2019, and if you‘re hoping to compete in the Africa Eco Race, Hellas rally , Serres, Albania, and similar events, or take on a challenge like Transitalia Marathon or Hard Alpi Tour, this kit will help you achieve it.
Already ordered yours? Here is how to install it: